Not a Desperate Housewife anymore

Thursday, January 10, 2013
Blouse - Forver 21
Skirt - Budget Barbie PH
Sandals C and K

 Hi everyone, today is not an ordinary post of the day because I want to talk to you about my newest project, my very own salon! Glam GoddeZ!
If your asking why Z for the name, it's because of Zamora. My hubby is the major reason why I have this new project because he promised me that someday he will give me my very own business that I'm passionate about. I am so proud to say that my hubby/Zamora believed in me and invested in me.

You see, my husband is a self-made man. He reached his goal through hard work and not from his parents. When I met him in College, he already has his own playstation gaming business. When we got together, he started with his own internet cafe just beside his parents house and it clicked. All that time, I was his shadow. I was his number 1 fan, cheerleader, and now he has branches in different places in Davao and Tagum branch together with his partner Aldo Cunanan.  Aldo and Eric has a good partnership, that's why their business is still booming after merely  5 years already. All the while, I was with Eric and I was always there for him through thick or thin.

When we got married, He really made me happy because he just wants me to rest, be a housewife and be just me. But I was not equipped to be like that. I am born to be someone, to be something and not just an ordinary wife. I want to be proud of myself, and I believe that I could do or change something in this world.


Everything started when I designed the Zamora's house. My father in law/mother in law and Eric told me that I have a great eye for design. Then I started helping Eric with his new branches (interior designing) of his inet cafe, and I am proud of what I had been doing.
So last year, for saving money (years of saving) I decided to start my very own business in Victoria Plaza, Budget Barbie PH. I'm not new to the business because I love clothes and I had an online store before via Multiply and Davaosale.com, but I stopped because I wanted to pursue Nursing but it did not push through.
I did not love the job, it's not my passion. It's not for me. I believe I am the creative girl, not the skillful healthworker. I'm just lucky that I have the opportunity now that I have a choice not to be a nurse.


With the help of Cherry Maning, a GMA local celebrity, my Budget Barbie PH took off. She helped me advertise my business and I am so happy and grateful for what she had done to my business. Stand by for we are brainstorming a partnership ;)
Having your own boutique is a pretty tough job. So don't think that everything is all about glamour, I am always haggard. :) I try to beautify atleast 3 times a week. :)


Eric and me found a new location, in Panacan Highway, and it really has a lot of potential. So I decided that we should open Chicken Central because it's a nice trendy business. With lots of help from my mother in law and our trusty cook, Ate Vicky, we started the business. Everyday is a constant learning from us, we are improving now. The business really took off when we provided free pay-per-view Manny Paquiao-Marquez fight. People came back for more. The location is pretty nice because its in a public market, banks, pawnshops etc. Beside the Chicken Central, we decided to put on my very own salon, because Panacan has no high end salon but at the same time cheap price. So we decide to invest with the design of the Salon, flat screen TV and airconditioned place but very cheap price for all kinds of people. 
All together, today was the first day of my salon. I am very happy and contented with my life.

I love to dress up - Budget Barbie PH
I love to eat - Chicken Central
I love the internet - Net Central, Station E Station F
I love to beautify - Glam GoddeZ Salon

Life is pretty much ironic and I believe that God gave me this to help other people like giving jobs to them, while doing my passion. Having my own time, being with my son and hubby all the time. Have time with my friends and family...
All I can say that I am very thankful that I'm not gonna be a victim of the rat race anymore.. I will do my best to make everything work...I am my own boss!
I also want to thank my mom for being my inspiration with everything. I believe she brought me up to be who I am now, and maybe, just maybe, my husband fell in love with me and everything fell into place.
I may not be the richest girl in this world, but me and my husband have everything that we want and that is to work hard to achieve our dreams, chill sometimes and be passionate with life..

Thank God I am not a desperate housewife anymore...
I am a supermom and I am thanking the people around me for it..

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” 
― Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist


“But if you believe yourself worthy of the thing you fought so hard to get, then you become an instrument of God, you help the Soul of the World, and you understand why you are here.” 
― Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist



Now, for some photos from the opening of my salon:
 with my hairdresser
 with my manicuristas

 Nail Art for 150
 with my pretty pink sofa.. :)
Thank You Lord for giving me you.

I love you so much. Your my angel!


Hope you will also be inspired with my story. Believe in yourself.. ask God for guidance... :)

2 comments: